In a producer life time, I bet there is not a lot of opportunities to meet an emcee that can surprise you on every track you collab with him. Macabeats is definitely one of these emcees. Besides the fact that we realised one year ago a critically acclaimed album Pardon My French, I had to send him some questions in order to learn a little bit more about this pure diamond. Check it out and show some love to the man on twitter !
1) Macabeats. This name is now kind of familiar on the underground and global hiphop scene. But could you introduce you one more time to our readers ?
Yo this is macabeats emcee/beatmaker …native Staten island New yorker who lives in Bmore been mcing for over 20 years and producing for almost ten . I love making good music and that is always my focus when putting together a project or song .
2) it’s a pleasure to have this interview time with you. Do you remember how and when this Mac/FD started ?
First off Salute to you for this opportunity ! Much respect I do remember when we I first heard your joints it was thru my mans Lord Baltimore shout out to him . » I DUNNO « I think… I remember saying yo this shhhh is dope lol. So i started doing my homework and i liked what I heard this was 2012 i think going into 2013 i featured on songs with my mans and follow pak member Don Streat called « Dumb with it » and » Many ways » after that thats when our conversations started we did one joint which is the self titled track to the album Pardon My French and we have been at it ever since . SALUTE TO YOU COOL FD
3) You seem to have this particular and almost philosophical vision of the mission of being an emcee. Aint it ?
Its not really that… I am a God fearing man and I realize that God is responsible for my gifts my skill on the mic and production . So i give him the glory its not me. And my content is just what my life consist of I strive for the greatest goal . LIFE ETERNAL
4) You’re a producer too. And a dope producer ! Do you put the same energy when you’re behind the machine ?
Its the same as the rhymnes I work off of inspiration If im inspired and Im moved . Thats when i create I dont force it and when I do that my soul is always in what I do .
5) Almost one year ago, we dropped Pardon My French. What is your opinion about it now and is there a difference with the today’s Mac ?
I think its a Solid body of work and a good learning tool for me . Im looking forward to this time around really stepping it up lyrically and sonically taking it to the max . I am very critical of myself so I am never satisfied or just comfortable I wanna do Great things
6) So with this Independent Coolness starring you on some tracklists, maybe some dudes around the world just heard from you for the first time. What would you like to tell them ?
Again this Macabeats emcee/beatmaker and Im here to give yall good music with a divine message overall . I have worked with the likes of artists such as Doitall from Lotug and Styles P from the legendary Lox
7) Emcee. Producer. Father. Worker. Are these lifes in one a gift or a curse to you ?
All gifts from God and I want to be the best in all categories
8) We’ve been talking so many times about the good strategy for you to be more heard and recognized. How do you see your next moves ?
Smarter moving more efficiently
9) I sincerely appreciated the fact you jumped on the beat I’ve for this Ferguson/Garner situation. How do you live it personally and artistically speaking ?
Well again thank you for making that possible I have gotten very good feed back on that record s/o to all the djs and radio station spinning it too. Well whats going on now is nothing more than fulfillment of prophecy . THE HOLY GOD SENT COMFORTER in 2008 prophecied that these things would take place. So I am saddened but not surprised . Musically i continue to do what i always did speak to what I learn and what i see unlike some of these artist I have been speaking on these topics .
10) What’s up for you in 2015 ?
Working on a few projects Hunger games prod by Gamerunners (aint forget you homie) . THEMISSINGFLAG prod by Cool fd . BMORE2DENMARK prod by MWP Bmore2France2 prod by Cool Fd Bmore2Miami prod by Dj proof and hopefully starting a project with my dude Dj illogik of Focus Records and some other stuff too just watch lol
11) Any last words ?
Yall need beats and or verse hit me on twitter @jAmilhOneSty ….Strive for perfection Peace